Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012

17/46!!

1. Mai in Germany, sunny, warm weather and everybody is off  with the family. Good choice to change the front sprocket in the sun! 

Last Autumn I started working on a modification concerning the gear ratio. The original was 15/40 and I changed it into 16/46. (man that is short!!) The reason for that was a planed tour in the alpes with some buddies of mine. Their machines are a lot stronger and new!! So I had to compensate the difference in power by a better performance. I learned that a bigger frontsprocket is good for a smooth chain movement and that an extreme short ratio is only suitable for "hilly" layout(like the alpes). Although the performance with it is a lot of fun, it's also a bit "nervy" to rev so high permanently.

Because I live on the countryside with lots of winding streets in front of my house I ordered the next bigger thing. Now the ratio is 17/46 and that!! is a well choosen compromise between engine performance, revs and torque. Now I am right in the middle between the "stock" and the "supershort" ratio. With the again bigger frontsprocket I have the impression that the drivetrain works even better, but that might be subjective because I am so satisfied with the modification. Guys - a modification that I can highly recommend - a well choosen investement in better driveability!  :o)

#gerrimoto #zephyr750 #zephyr #kawasaki #vintagekawasaki #zephyrtuning

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen